Hot Feet Syndrome

Some people suffer from cold feet, and I am not talking about that intense desire to run from the wedding altar like Julia Roberts' character in Runaway Bride. Literally, some people have poor circulation that causes their extremities, mainly their feet and hands, to lose blood and retain a sense of frigidity something akin to The Corpse Bride's appendages. Occasionally, this event does occur for me in my hands. When I discover this happening, I immediately have two goals: to warm my hands or to touch Scott so that he can appreciate my special power to turn hands into blocks of ice. At this point, he usually screams like a girl and calls me The Corpse Bride. This brings me much merriment, and the added laughter probably sends fresh, warm blood to my hands. It's really a win-win situation.


My feet, however, do not suffer such occasions. My feet are almost always, literally, hot. They are not, perhaps, warm to the touch, but I almost always want them to be uncovered and free to breath. From about March to October, I can barely stand to wear any closed-toe shoes and socks are just completely out of the question. I always wear socks and tennis shoes to work out, but you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as I am finished I am peeling off my foot outerwear and looking for the nearest flip-flops. I just cannot stand to have hot feet. I don't like my feet under blankets, I often kick the bed covers off of them, and the thought of wearing Uggs makes me want to pass out (that and they are hideous). So the question is: anyone else out there feel this way? Anyone else suffering from Hot Feet Syndrome????

Oh, how I wish that someone would invent air shoes for the Beeki.

4 comments:

Julie September 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

sorry beekster.
you're the only human i know who has hot feet. though it makes me laugh thinking of days at seis banderas. :)
miss you...and your hot feet.
j

Red September 24, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

I do get hot feet, but not always. I prefer to have socks off but because I'm so clumsy, I always wear full coverage shoes that include socks and I don't even own a pair of flip flops. I do have a pair of chacos though that I love. Hope that helps! :)

BTW - I love that you freeze Scott out and make him scream like a girl. Classic.

Scott Baker September 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Keep your Corpse Bride hands and devil-hot feet off me. Hide the crazy, please. I love you.

Beeki September 25, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

At least I didn't dump a bottle of milk on YOUR head, Baker.

About the Blogger

Beeki recently graduated with an M.F.A. in Directing and has plans to conquer the world starting in Nashville, Tennessee. Her husband and two dogs provide much fodder for her random thoughts, as does her proclivity for trying to make sense of this farcical universe. Beeki finds humor in the small things, which should make this the most senseless blog ever. Enjoy!